On the following pages, we present our most recent information about career and graduate school transitions, as well as internships completed by our graduates when they were students at Biola. The information was collected during a January 2014 survey of our December 2012 and May 2013 baccalaureate graduates, 12 and 6 months after graduation, respectively.
Key observations are as follows:
- Survey response rate was 48%, or 319 graduates.
- 85% of 6-month out graduates and 92% of 12-month out graduates are working paid jobs or enrolled in graduate school.
- Business majors rank highest (76%) in attaining full-time jobs within 6-months of graduation.
- Psychology majors rank highest (35%) in full-time graduate school enrollment within 6-months of graduation.
- Education majors report the highest level of job fit with their major (3.8 out of 4.0).
- Almost half (44%) of our graduates begin their careers either in health care, social services, or education industries.
- Math and science majors report the highest average starting salary ($44,182).
- Fine Arts and Communications majors participated in the highest percentage of internships (87%).
- Business majors secured the highest percentage of paid internships (58%).
- Intercultural Studies majors completed the highest percentage of credit-based internships.